Have you ever tried to keep a secret?
Pretty good at keeping secrets are you?
Or are you absolutely dreadful?
The point is:
People Love Secrets
We all want to know the inside gossip.
We all like to know things that other people don’t know.
Secrets are one of the most powerful buying triggers you can possess in your copywriting arsenal.
Do you want to know two BIG secrets about secrets? (Sorry, just couldn’t resist it)
People want and need to believe that their problems are caused by secrets that are being kept from them.
- It’s the old “conspiracy theory” click, or the “it’s not your fault” click.
Far be it from most people to have a look in the mirror. Much too confronting.
As a copywriter, this can easily be manipulated into your copy
so you can cash in on this powerful trigger.
We as humans believe in secrets.
It adds the spice to life.
Ever since we were children we have believed in secrets.
- Little Johnny had a secret about young Susie and what really happened on school camp.
- Young Toby’s got a secret about Miss Dean and Mr Jacob and what they get up to in the staffroom when no one’s around.
- Jackie’s got an embarrassing secret about her little brother and why his sheets are all wet and smelly in the mornings.
The point is, from an early age we have been conditioned to secrets.
We’ve been conditioned to wanting to know the secret… we need to know, we have to know!
Secrets have been used in many markets. From weight loss to stock market trading systems, secrets work to get the sale.
Have a think for a minute how you would feel if your best friend told you he knew a secret about another friend of yours. But he promised her he wouldn’t tell anybody and that he absolutely can’t tell you, sorry.
How would you feel
Would you want to know?
Think about that the next time your write “secrets” copy. Tease the hell out of your prospects so they buy to get the answer!
Secrets arouse our curiosity to a fever pitch. Curiosity is the element that drives the sale.
Here’s a headline I came up with recently for a client while critiquing her letter.
Secret Confessions of a
Celebrity Make Up Artist
Next week, we’ll look at curiosity in detail and I’ll give you two BIG ways to arouse your prospect’s curiosity to a fevered pitch
Let me know your thoughts on this.
P.S. Folks have been asking me whether or not I’ll be doing another Copywriting Intensive this year. The answer is yes. It’ll take place in Mackay late November. I’ll let you know the details shortly.
- What Are You Really Selling?
- You Need Your Own Dynamic Story
- Shocking Email Blunder Instantly Breaks Trust & Sabotages Sales!
- Do you really have to under-go a near-death experience to become a street-savvy Marketer?
- The Missing Money Component of the “Problem, Agitate, Solve” Formula
Pete Godfrey, The Wizard of Words, from rebel without a clue to one of the most in demand and highest paid Copywriters and Sales Strategists in Australasia… all with the power of his emotionally charged words that sell… Discover the “Secret Weapon” to increasing your Sales and Profits by downloading the valuable report "The Ultimate Copywriting and Marketing Secret" While you're at it, follow Pete on Facebook