Here’s The Undeniable TRUTH: How easy you let yourself be distracted each day will ultimately determine how successful you become and how much money you make. That being the case, you must fiercely guard your productivity and do NOT let other people’s dramas or agendas get in your way of achieving what you set out to do.
This morning I’ve got a lot on my plate and nothing short of an apocalyptic event will side track me from getting the job done.
For example, here’s a partial to-do-list for me today.
- This blog post.
- A tele-seminar with a client.
- 2 client calls.
- Newsletter (I’ve allocated one hour on this, more time tomorrow but if I don’t start now I’ll get behind.)
- Sales letter and video script for our Masters of Conversions launch. (I’ve got one hour on this, more tomorrow.)
- Masters of Conversion strategy call with Alexi Neocleous.
- Two hours of sharpening the saw: New books and newsletters arrived yesterday. It’s my intention to get stuck into them later on in the day. (This will be used as a reward when I get the work done… the old carrot-dangling-in-front-of-donkey’s-nose-style works for me.)
Plus, there are plenty of little things to keep me busy today.
- I’m not taking any unscheduled calls.
- I am not checking emails every minute.
- I am not going to let any damn thing stop me from achieving what I’ve set out to do today.
Frankly, I’m not concerned if this offends a few. My mind is not on the few. My mind is clearly focused on my agenda and my agenda only.
What about you?
Are you filled with fierce determination to accomplish your goals today?
Did you spring outta bed this morning with a clearly defined roadmap on what you want to accomplish today?
You see, if you let other people distract you and keep you sidetracked from hitting your daily goals, YOU ARE NEVER IN CHARGE OF YOUR DESTINY!
Get this: I spent too many damn years in the wilderness… just letting life happen to me. Too many years just stumbling around, letting life take me wherever it led me, out of control, helpless yet refusing to acknowledge help, angry but without a clear vision of where the anger originated. Too many years letting other people control my life.
I made a conscious decision more than 12 years ago to wrestle control over my slothful ways and shape my own damn destiny. This has led to an almost manic obsession to be my own creator.
- Never letting others control my day
- A fierce protection of my time and how I spend it
- A determination NEVER to get caught up in other people’s DRAMAS
- Laser like focus as to what IS important to me and my family, and what’s a distraction, maybe even an enemy
As I say at my seminars: Anything that robs you of your productivity, anything that STOPS the money flowing your way is EVIL and should be banished immediately, without hesitation; as if ripping a band-aid off in one swift movement to avoid prolonging the pain, EVIL must be banished just as quickly with the same determination.
By the way, never before in 6 years of publishing my newsletter have I had so much feedback… most of it from my Wizard on Wealth article entitled: How to Regain Control Of Your Life And Replace Distractions With Focused Concentration. (The 4 questions I asked on page 5 got the most response.) It’s a heavy, thought-provoking article all about reality; the reality of the world we live in, and what we can do with this reality to ensure a successful life. It was a confronting read.
But all this feedback proves my point.
We’ve got to get very clear on OUR objectives.
Very clear whether we are being busy or being effective.
Love to hear your thoughts on this.
- Wanna make more money?
- What Are You Thinking?
- How to Finish What You Start
- Who Controls Your Day
- Who Controls Your Day?
Pete Godfrey, The Wizard of Words, from rebel without a clue to one of the most in demand and highest paid Copywriters and Sales Strategists in Australasia… all with the power of his emotionally charged words that sell… Discover the “Secret Weapon” to increasing your Sales and Profits by downloading the valuable report "The Ultimate Copywriting and Marketing Secret" While you're at it, follow Pete on Facebook